Find the ANSWERS to your questions about the JF&A Show...
1. Why are there five JF&A shows in Chicago each year? Since TransWorld first founded the JF&A Shows 34 years ago, we have worked hard to grow the shows and continually attract new and motivated buyers. The Chicago and Midwest market is growing and TransWorld is the leader in bringing this expanding marketplace to you. There are more than 7 million households in Chicago alone. While each JF&A show attracts between 15,000 – 26,000 buyers, more than 25 percent of the buyers at each event are new!
In addition, our research tells us that the Schaumburg shows draw a different audience than the Rosemont shows do; fewer than 25% of buyers attend shows at both venues. Our research also shows that different buyers attend different seasonal shows, so the buyers you see in April are different than the ones you’ll see in July. Although there are six different shows in the Chicago market each year, they all attract different buyers with money to spend. Plus we bring in more buyers with the highest per capita income than any other event in the U.S.
2. It seems like I pay less for a booth at other shows. Why do JFA booths cost more? Have you ever heard the old expression, ‘You get what you pay for?’ At JFA, your booth cost represents a lot more than your booth. At JFA, your booth fee also includes all of your furniture and drayage costs. Seasoned exhibitors know that drayage costs alone can be more than it costs to ship your booth coast to coast! TransWorld offers the best exhibitors booth package in the industry!
Other shows also don’t consistently attract as many buyers to their show as the TransWorld shows do. Where else will you consistently see more than 100,000 motivated buyers each year? We do everything we can to contain costs and still produce the shows in way that you’re accustomed to. In the nation’s 3rd largest market, however, that costs a bit more than it does in smaller, less expensive locations.
3. Since I can’t exhibit at all of your shows, my booth space will be in a less desirable location. So why should I exhibit at any of your shows? No matter how many shows you participate in with us, you can always sign up for any of the shows in advance to insure that you get the best possible booth location. Those exhibitors at the back of the hall near the restaurants, for example, are very happy with the amount of buyers in their booths. We constantly work on creating different attractions to help guarantee that buyer traffic moves throughout the entire hall. We also constantly introduce new incentive programs to help exhibitors drive traffic to their booth. And, we develop floor plans that help ensure smooth and consistent traffic flow throughout the entire hall. Remember – you do not need to participate in all five of our events in order to secure your booth in any of our shows.
4. How can you help me get more buyers to my booth? We are here to help ensure your success and will be happy to share our ideas to help you have a more successful experience. Do you have an idea or suggestion that may help your business thrive? Let us know! Part of joining a small, family organization like TransWorld is that we can react quickly and efficiently. Don’t be shy…call us to discuss how we can make your next show your best one yet!
5. I have another show at the same time as JFA, so I can’t exhibit at your show. We make every effort to schedule our events so that they do not conflict with other shows. When that does happen, however, we will go above and beyond to assist you in participating in two events at the same time. Never say never! We can usually work something out.
6. I don’t sell jewelry, fashion or accessories. Can I still exhibit? YES! Our buyers are eager to find new and unusual merchandise at each show. In fact, there are plenty of additional products such as home décor, gift, beauty and health products, craft and hobby products, home and gourmet goods exhibited at every show. If our buyers will enjoy buying your product, you can exhibit in the show! (Show management approval required).
7. Is my merchandise secure at your show? YES! We hire off-duty police from Rosemont Police Department to guard our FREE security vault. They also monitor the convention center and parking structures in and around the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. Our job is to make sure you are safe and your products are secure on and off the show floor!
TransWorld staff members are available and eager to help you at any time. We are dedicated to making your participation as easy and successful as possible. If you experience anything less than that, we want to know.
We look forward to having you join us at one of our upcoming events. Contact your representative today to make reservations at our next event. Call us at 800-323-5462.
Thanks…we look forward to seeing you at our shows in Rosemont and Schaumburg!